Designed for Parents to be...
Comprehensive and enabling, our 1-day antenatal course is the perfect introduction to confidently carrying your baby from birth. You will learn about the amazing benefits that are gained by both parent and baby when carried in a baby sling or carrier (and you'll leave wondering why anyone doesn't carry their newborn!). You will understand how to safely carry your baby and will feel confident that you are doing it right, and you will take home your own Sling School Stretchy Wrap.
The course covers the following areas:
- A workshop exploring the different reasons to use slings and carriers. We also look at the benefits to the physical and mental health of both you and your baby (which lasts throughout their lifetime).
- An introduction to different types of slings and carriers.
- A hands-on session looking at using a stretchy wrap during pregnancy to provide bump and pelvic support in a safe and comfortable way.
- A workshop going through the very important newborn safety issues in a sling, along with an understanding of their physiology so that you can appreciate how to use the stretchy wrap to support baby’s natural position.
- What to do if you or baby have a health problem or disability, including carrying after a c-section or difficult birth.
Using a stretchy wrap with a baby
- A hands-on session that gets you very confident in using a stretchy wrap in two different carries.
- Many new parents wish to know whether they can breastfeed in a sling. We will show you how it can be done without removing baby, as well as how to do it using the sling as a support.
Stretchy wrap vs high street carrier
- As so many high street carriers advertise working from birth, believe it’s valuable to spend some time trying out different carriers so that you know for yourself how different they feel, and the different levels of support they provide.
Moving on from a stretchy wrap - what comes next?
- Introductory session on carriers that are suitable for older babies and advice and recommendations on where to try out and buy them.
We run courses in Lancaster, but will also travel to you for a group of minimum 5 people.
Snacks and drinks will be provided for you during the day, but you will need to bring your own lunch. Babes in arms are welcome.
Lancaster courses are £100 per attendee and £110 for a couple attending together. Check out our shop for up and coming course dates.
We charge £115 per attendee and £125 per couple attending together for courses that we have to travel to.
Contact us on email@example.com to arrange a course local to you, to express interest in attending a Lancaster course or with any questions you may have! We look forward to working with you!