Our consultations take place in the Morecambe and Lancaster area, usually at the home of one of our 3 babywearing consultants. We are also happy to travel to you if our expenses are covered.
A consultation gives you one to one time with a very experienced babywearing consultant, where you get our undivided attention and the chance to learn in a calm, quiet environment.
Examples of what we can cover in a consultation:
- Skills that are not usually covered in a sling library setting, such as back carrying and carrying with special considerations.
- Where you wish to try a broad range of different types of carriers to see what will work best for you.
- Troubleshooting any discomfort that you are getting your own carrier.
- Perfecting a particular carry with a woven or stretchy wrap.
- How to breastfeed in your chosen carrier.
- Sling safety, teaching you to use your carrier in a way that is both safe and comfortable for you and your baby.
We offer a few different time options. 30-minute sessions are good for troubleshooting an existing carrier or learning back carrying with a buckled carrier and 60-minute sessions are usually enough for anything else that you would like to learn. Please can add some comments to your order about what you are hoping to learn and the age of your child when you are checking out.
We will then get in touch to book a time and date and to confirm details of the session.
We are experienced with the following carrier types:
- Buckled carriers, including soft structured carriers and high street carriers
- Woven wraps
- Stretchy wraps
- Ring slings
- Tie on carriers
We can teach you to carry your newborn, your baby, your toddler and your pre-schooler and have carriers to suit all ages which can be hired through our sling library Morecambe Bay Slings.
If you have any questions before booking please don’t hesitate to get in touch.